Saturday, January 29, 2011

Well Hello There!

I always feel that when starting a blog, its a good idea to introduce yourself. I'm sure everyone likes to know a bit about the person behind the computer screen.

My name is Marion and I am currently a Senior at St. Edward's University in Austin, Texas. I am majoring in Communication with a concentration in Advertising, Public Relations, and Media Arts. This blog is a product of a class that I am enrolled in this semester called "Social Media for PR." I will be posting several times a week with at least one of the posts discussing the readings from the class. We have 2 books that we are using for this class are Groundswell by Charlene Li and Josh Bernoff and Engage by Brian Solis.

At first I had a hard time deciding what this blog should be about but I recently decided that it should be focused on something that I am actually interested in. Something I am definitely interested in is the Entertainment and Lifestyle industries. By this I mean obvious things like films and music but also things like amusement parks and toys. Things that entertain us and are fun. This blog will look at these industries and examine how they use social media to communicate with and engage the public.

-M

2 comments:

  1. Going mobile and alongside mobile social media strategies could be the new phase of social media marketing. For example is the still growing consumer demand for web enabled and social media ready gadgets like smart phones and tablet computers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely think that going tablets is the next best thing social media has to offer. ^_^

    ReplyDelete